sobota, 21. april 2018

"Dreamers, paint your dreams" mixed media canvas for Lindy's gang

Hi dear friends. I'm on Lindy's blog today again and this month I decided to go with a more neutral color palette, as it suits the April mood and also April Moodboard on Lindy's challenge. I made a mixed media canvas with lots of gorgeous natural Lindy's shades paired with beautiful 7 dots studio papers. I long wished to work with these gorgeous papers, perfect for mixed media and I finally had a chance to play with them. I hope you'll like my project and it inspires you to make your own creation, maybe even join our monthly challenge? :)





First I covered my canvas with clear gesso to prepare it for my Lindy's colors. I then sprayed the canvas with the lightest of tones - "Glory of the seas gold" Starburst spray. I then added some corrugated cardboard and wrapped with twine. I dry-brushed it with white gesso on some parts and then added texture and color. Next, I prepared a mixture with sand texture paste, a bit of white gesso and three different shades of Lindy's gang Magical shakers - "Grab a guy gold", "Cowabunga copper" and "Bratwurst brown". This gorgeous and highly pigmented Lindy's powders are just perfect to mix with different mediums. I applied my colored texture paste onto the cardboard and twine and on the edges of canvas. I then added some shades of brown with "Bayou boogie gold" and "Cajun carnelian red" Starburst sprays and some green touches with "Edelweiss moss green" Starburst spray - one of my all-time favourites! I just love this color! I added some Dusty Attic chipboards, which I covered first with white gesso and then applied two different shades of Lindy's embossing powders on top, before the gesso was dry. I used "Bratwurst brown" and "Midnight copper" embossing powders. I love to use them on top of the wet gesso, it gives such a gorgeous dimensional effect when heated. At the end I added some wordings to finish my canvas. I love the saying: "We are all dreamers! Follow your heart! Paint your dreams! And yes! Paint your dreams and paint your life! It's much more beautiful then!





There is also a video tutorial for you on our Youtube channel so you can try it for yourself! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this project!

Lindy's Products

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and see you soon!
Hugs, Aleksandra




Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

Your comments make my day! <3